Adventures In Good Music: Barbara Streisand

Thursday, December 30, 2010 | |



I'm really not the biggest fan of club music or electronica or anything, but I actually kind of like this. I couldn't listen to it repeatedly or anything, but I like a few things about it.

I like Questlove (or however his name is spelled, I think there's a question mark in it somewhere). I like Questlove because he's this big hulking black dude, and you don't see that often in drummers. I like things that are different. Plus, any time he is playing the drums it seems so effortless, like he is bored.

It was filmed with a DSLR. I like that video has now become much more accessible to people. If I could, I'd buy a D3s and make videos all the time, probably of the most inane things, like cats and stuffed animals.

Cameos are always fun in videos, even if it is Kanye West.

It's called Barbra Streisand, for crying out loud.

This is clever, and I approve. It's fun and I can see how this fits its intended venue. I don't know what they sampled, and if they made something new out of it, but based on the fact that they say Barbra Strisand, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they transformed the original.

1 comments:

Krissy said...

I like that you have a tag for clubbing.