Long Walks And Blistered Feet

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 | |

Hey, now; is that really necessary?


Awhile ago, Krissy and I went for a walk; I think it was at Flanders' or something. We were almost certainly trespassing, but I think the statute of limitations has expired, so we should be safe now.


There were sheep, pigs, chickens, donkeys, and, of course, these two beauties. You might not notice it at first, but there is actually a second horse in the foreground-- see its mane? Yeah, he's about to take a lunging horse to the face.

You ever have something bop you in the nose? You know how you instinctively cringe and your eyes tear up? Imagine if instead of a stick tapping your nose you had this monstrosity coming at you instead.

As I remember it, it was kind of intense, but the horses seemed fine. In fact, they were rather playful afterwards. I seem to remember them rolling around on the ground afterwards, which was kind of funny.

We haven't been on any long long walks in awhile, but the walks definitely are filled with happy memories.

They are the reasons why I think we're getting married-- mischievous walks that maybe, just maybe, were a few miles too long.

0 comments: