Irene Terrorizes The East Coast Leaving A Massive Trail Of Butthurt In Her Wake

Sunday, August 28, 2011 | |


Image Credit:Ron Garan at NASA

I like storms. They are fun and energetic. Sometimes Nature just wants to remind of that it's there. Sometimes nature wants to smack us in the face and say, "Don't be such jerks." And sometimes Nature is just really angry and figures we obviously haven't been getting the message.

People freak out about storms. I guess this response is warranted at times. But most of the time it's just crazy people being crazy. Thunderstorms and rain doesn't mean to stock up your bunker for a week. I think in situations like this, though, some caution is warranted. But mostly just in an "always be prepared" sort of way.

That's really all you can do.

Stressing out is never going to be beneficial, ever. And in the event there is an emergency, or severe kick you in the ass weather, you'd really want to have your wits about you.

I wouldn't evacuate though. Maybe if there were going to be an onslaught of tornadoes or a giant category 5 hurricane waltzing its way through the neighborhood picking on us like a little kid frying ants with a magnifying glass, maybe then I'd leave. But I'd rather sit back and watch what happens during a storm. As long as people aren't seriously hurt or killed and damage isn't extensive, I'm happy.

Every once in a while though, I think we need reminders to keep us on our toes. So, thanks Irene. You probably won't hear that much, but thanks.

From me and the rest of us.

0 comments: