On Growing Up A Maksymiw

Sunday, January 16, 2011 | |

A lighthearted one, this time.

First this:


The song is Real American by Rick Derringer.

It's sad that now Hulk Hogan/Terry Bolea is doing ads for rent-a-center and scammy debt consolidation things. He should get back into acting. His movies are classics.

Big Flow sounds like it's for an entirely different product altogether:



I love Honey Nut Cheerios:


This was me when I was little:


I like how Hulk Hogan isn't even in the commercial.

Another one, but this one's recent


I know you're familiar with this one


This might be my new favorite song


Hogan/Bollea talking about life outside of the ring:


I like how he describes wrestling and how it isn't fake, it's predetermined. To be honest, I think wrestling has gotten more fake as it's aged. Back in the day, they went at it. The winner may have been known ahead of time, but they really got hurt, they really bled, they really but their bodies through a lot to entertain millions of people. Ladder matches, cage matches, table matches, wrestling was brutal.

Now though, I'm not so sure. It seems so much more contrived and it just isn't entertaining. The characters have lost their spunk. With all the steroids, probably literally.

0 comments: